Have you ever wondered how the first couple of years of a general Computer Science university course looks like? Maybe you’d like to know if this is the discipline for you and if you are good at it? Wonder no longer, for we will show you how to get there, how to get good as you go along on your journey, and how life as a computer scientist is like! Money is precious, time even more so, so our priority is to push you ahead, and give you a head-start into university life. Our goal with this course to help you decide if you want to do computer science & engineering at a university level, and what you can expect should you enroll into a course!
[expander_maker id=”1″ more=”Read More” less=”Read Less”]
In this non-traditional, meta-versey course, you get to speedrun through the fundamentals of computer science & engineering in less than 7 hours!
You will see all that is promised here and more:
- Computing Basics
- Internet Basics
- Web Development Basics
- Programming Basics
- 4 LeetCode problems from Tech Interviews
- 1 TryHackMe Cybersecurity Challenge
- 3 Introductory Python Projects: Use fundamentals to build Blackjack, Rock-Paper-Scissors, and Hangman
- 2 Real-World Python Projects: Use popular libraries to build a Machine Learning-based Chatbot, and a Cryptography challenge Encryption/Decryption and Brute Forcing
- 2 Assessment Modules: 9-question direct quiz and 28 critical thinking prompts
- 5 Tech Shorts: History and Trivia delivered in Byte-Sized Pieces
- Narrative Story Elements, Visualized Algorithms, and Animated Characters to keep your learning fun
- Metaverse with a Virtual Academy: We host a complementary session every week for all students for the course in an online, avatar based platform (Gathertown)
Our philosophy towards teaching is simply this: an individual should be able to take away the essentials of a lesson, no matter how hard it may be. Higher education material is already hard and is often made harder by hardened people at institutions. Code is only as important as a mind who likes to make things work. Focus on the semantics, and not the syntax (you’ll find out what this is and more in the course :))
In this way, the course is structured following the principles of explain-understand-assess, while incorporating illustrations, and animations, to form a comprehensive edutainment package! Our lessons are a holistic, audio-visual, multi-sensory experience, to encapsulate the complete odyssey of the definitive university experience for computer science & engineering. The more senses we engage, the more we remember the concepts, the stronger the core memory, and deeper the understanding. We believe relevant applications and ample examples should be part of the learning process, with considerable enjoyment.
Learning by doing, and doing through learning with the Odysy twist is what you will come to know, and love.
This course is actively being maintained, live supportis available, and any required updates will be performed periodically.
DISCLAIMER: This is an avant-garde, experiential learning approach to make you love technology as we do. In just 7 hours, you will develop a rudimentary knowledge of everything that a student in computer science & engineering experiences across the span of two years at a standard university. This is not a substitute for university, but rather an approach to give you a test-drive. If you are already familiar with the basics, this course may not be for you, but please feel free to browse, maybe there’s something for you as well!