Welcome to the course “Global trademark search using TMView database”.
This course will help you to learn how to do a trademark search using the global database TMView on your own.
Being able to search for prior registered trademarks is an essential skill when launching a new brand in the market because this will enable you to avoid the many legal pitfalls.
Before starting to use a new brand, every company has to be sure that there are no early registered identical or similar trademarks for identical or similar goods and services.
This is crucial because in case such marks exist their owners can object to any commercial use of later similar marks by initiating legal proceedings that can be time and cost-consuming.
Selecting a new trouble-free brand is not an easy task taking into account that nowadays there are millions of registered trademarks.
THIS COURSE WILL GIVE YOU IMPORTANT KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS ABOUT THE WAY YOU CAN DO A TRADEMARK SEARCH by using the TMView global database. This database covers countries not only from Europe but all around the world including the US, Canada, Brazil, China, Japan, Australia, and many others.
Why choose this course?
- This course will help you to build a strong brand name that can distinguish itself from already registered trademarks;
- You will be able to find out early registered trademarks that could represent obstacles to the registration of your own trademark with the Patent offices;
- Searching for registered trademarks can help you to avoid potential legal pitfalls or even lawsuits;
- You will be able to check whether someone else tries to register a trademark that resembles your own and to take legal actions against such mark;
At the end of the course, you will be provided with a full PDF file that covers, in a systematic way all main aspects related to the trademark search conducted through the TMView global database.
The materials available in this course are for educational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice or opinion. You should contact an attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. The aim of this course is to teach you how to do a search for trademarks on your own, but not how to assess trademarks’ identity or similarity from a legal point of view; the latter requires in-depth legal knowledge and expertise which varies country by country. The opinions expressed at or through this course are the opinions of the individual author only. This course is not an official course provided by the EUIPO or any other Patent Office.
À qui ce cours s’adresse-t-il ?
- Wide range from small to large business owners;
- Entrepreneurs, founders, investors, researchers etc.;
- Marketing and brand building agencies and experts;
- Law students and legal professionals;
- GET ON UDEMY